Public Holidays October 2022: Due to various occasions and festivals, the banks will be closed for 15 days in October. However, internet or internet banking will continue to exist.
Holidays October 2022: Do you have a banking activity that needs to be completed in October? If yes, then you should plan a visit to the bank near you as banks remain closed for 15 days during the month of October due to festivals and other occasions. These 15 days of public holidays also exclude the second and fourth Saturday and Sunday. It should be noted that it is not necessary for banks in all states to be closed for 15 days as some festivals or occasions are state specific. Meanwhile, online or internet banking remains active 24×7. The list of holidays is released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on its official website.
People need to visit banks to complete banking activities such as deposit money, update passbook, transfer amount and so on. Therefore, if you need to have any of these works done, it is important that you know which days the bank remains closed. According to the information provided by the RBI, the holidays in October fall under three categories: holidays under the negotiable instruments law; Holiday under the negotiable instruments law and real-time gross settlement holiday; and the closing of accounts by banks.
You can check out the list of holidays in October here to plan your visit to the nearby bank branch accordingly:
Public holidays in October 2022
1. October 1, 2022: Only in Gangtok, banks remain closed due to the semi-annual closure of bank accounts.
2. October 3, 2022: Banking operations in Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, Patna and Ranchi remain closed due to Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami).
3. October 4, 2022: Banks remain closed in several states including Agartala, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong and Thiruvananthapuram due to Durga Puja/Dussehra (Maha Navami)/Ayudha pooja/Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva.
4. October 5, 2022: On the occasion of Srimanta Sankardeva’s Durga Puja/Dussehra (Vijaya Dashmi)/Janmotsav, the banking operations in almost all parts of the country will remain closed except in Imphal.
5. October 6, 2022: Banks remain closed in Gangtok due to the celebration of Durga Puja (Dasain).
6. October 7, 2022: Only banks in Gangtok will remain closed on October 7 on the occasion of Durga Puja (Dasain).
7. October 8, 2022: On the occasion of Milad-i-Sherif/Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (birthday of the Prophet Muhammad), banking activities in Bhopal, Jammu, Kochi, Srinagar and Thiruvananthapuram will be shut down.
8. October 13, 2022: Only in Shimla banks remain closed due to the celebration of Karva Chauth.
9. October 14, 2022: Due to Friday after Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi, banks will remain closed in Jammu and Srinagar.
10. October 18, 2022: Only in Guwahati banks remain closed because of Kati Bihu.
October 24, 2022: Banks remain closed in all parts of the country except Gangtok, Hyderabad and Imphal due to the celebration of Kali Puja/Deepavali/Diwali (Laxmi Pujan)/Naraka Chaturdashi.
12: October 25, 2022: On the occasion of Laxmi Puja/Deepawali/Govardhan Pooja, banks will remain closed in Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal and Jaipur.
13: October 26, 2022: Banks in Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Dehradun, Gangtok, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Kanpur, Shimla and Srinagar due to Govardhan Pooja/Vikram Samvant New Year’s Day/Bhai Bij/Bhai Duj/Diwali (Bali Pratipada)/Laxmi Puja/Accession Day.
14. October 27, 2022: Banks remain closed in Gangtok, Imphal, Kanpur and Lucknow due to the celebration of Bhaidooj/Chitragupt Jayanti/Laxmi Puja/Deepawali/Ningol Chakkouba.
15: October 31, 2022: Due to the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel/Surya Pashti Dala Chhath (Morning ardhya)/Chhath Puja, the banks in Ahmedabad, Patna and Ranchi will remain closed.
In addition to the above dates, the banks will also remain closed on October 22, 2022 due to the fourth Saturday and on October 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 due to Sundays.