Mohali, September 19
Cricket fans are ready for the India-Australia T20I to be held here tomorrow at the IS Bindra PCA Stadium. However, keep your fingers crossed because there is a chance of light rain. According to the weather reports, the forecast for Tuesday predicts partly cloudy and light showers.
We’ll have to wait and see…light showers won’t affect the game. We are fully prepared. I hope the full house will enjoy seeing his favorite players in action live. A PCA member
“We’ll have to wait and see…light showers won’t affect the game. We are fully prepared. I hope the full house will enjoy seeing their favorite players live in action on Tuesday,” said a PCA member.
Virat Kohli surprised the spectators and also threw in the nets, making it a rare sight for cricket fans.
Meanwhile, both teams followed a precise training on Monday. While the teams were inside, fans waited outside the stadium to watch the favorite stars.
Two of those seasoned young fans of Virat Kohli were seen waiting for him desperately trying to buy two tickets to see their favorite player in action live.
Yashir Malik and Junaid Bashir, both from Jammu & Kashmir, spend sleepless nights watching the match from the stadium.
“We have been here for the past two days. We came all the way from Jammu and Kashmir to see Kohli play. We’ve never seen him live,” says Malik, who plays cricket himself. They study at a private school in Bathinda.
“I have all of Kohli’s data at my fingertips. I will literally do anything to watch him play. He is my real hero and I am willing to pay any amount to enter the stadium,” said Bashir. Until late in the evening, the duo waited for a miracle to get the match tickets.
While players of the Indian team attended a full three-hour practice session under spotlights in the evening, the Australian team attended the netting session in the afternoon.
Aussies attend the netting session in the afternoon
While players of the Indian team attended a full three-hour practice session under spotlights in the evening, the Australian team attended the netting session in the afternoon. Kohli surprised the spectators and also threw in the nets, making it a rare sight for cricket fans.
- Indian skipper Rohit Sharma is just two sixes away from the batter with the most sixes in T20I cricket history.
- Five T20Is were played here between 2009 and 2019 and three of these matches were won by the second batting sides and two by the first batting teams.
- The Indian team has taken a win in all three T20Is played here, including one against Australia.
- The highest individual score in T20Is is in the name of Virat Kohli, who scored 82 from 51 balls against Australia.
- PCA unveils two booths named after Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh an hour before the game. The South Pavilion is named after Harbhajan while the North Pavilion is named after Yuvraj.
- PCA in honor of former Punjab players, who contributed to the development of national cricket.
#Australia #Cricket #Mohali